PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AA Customer Feedback
View Single Post
Old 26th Jan 2003, 07:02
ditzyboy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The Flight Attendant wages / conditions aren't actually that bad, IMO.... I have read the EBA and the allowances are quite generous. I have also been given quite good feedback about the pay and conditions by friends (ex AN people) that work there.

People should arm themselves with knowledge before saying such things...

I must agree with the movie/drink comments though. Even the placemat and cutlery laying. From what I have heard it is too much a change all at once, me thinks. Can I please note that the on board product is set by management and has nothing to do with how much or little an employee is paid!

Loose Connection ...
May I ask why one need to be paid s**t loads to be a "professional"? That's what your statement implies. The airline may choose to hire whomever it pleases. I resent the statement as I know personally some of their ex-AN cabin crew.... But they aren't professional are they? Please! I am getting really sick of such comments as "pay peanuts - get monkeys"! Objectively speaking, your comment may (used loosely) have held some truth in the past. Maybe?! I understand that a so called "true professional" is less likely to work for less money. Though with so many people out of aviation jobs at the moment I believe such statements no longer hold any truth. It is too simple a view and in my opinion only seen as true by equally simple people.

fartsock ...
Was that your statement about the only low cost thing being the pilot and fa wages??? What about the lack of amenities that this person also whinged about? I mean I thought that was the point of the article. Some people will find any reason to bag out someone's working environment. Some people have way too much time on their hands and should really grow up.