PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The future of UK SAR, post SAR-H
View Single Post
Old 22nd Nov 2012, 05:55
[email protected]

Received 623 Likes on 271 Posts
As for previous comments on Portland MRCC tasking their own helicopter, yes the may scramble their own helicopter but this is always followed by a call to Kinloss and 10 times out of 10 the ARCC will agree that the 139 is the best asset to use and that they are to continue to proceed.
of course they will since by the time the call to ARCCK is made the aircraft is already tasked giving it an advantage when the difference is small between any 2 adjacent flights.

4th right - your ignorance of the incubator thingy tells me all I need to know about your SAR knowledge and how under-qualified you are to make comment on the suitability of a cabin for UK SAR. If all you have experienced is winching one or 2 people out of the water or off a deck then I am sure you will view the 139 as suitable - how many inland/ mountain jobs has the 139 completed?

The 139 doesn't carry MRT, MIRG, 2 stretchers plus a doctor, hovers 8 degrees nose up and has all the SAR kit stuffed down the tail because there isn't room in the cabin and is awful on sloping ground due to poor clearances. What will change with the 189? Yes they both go fast but for the most part that isn't what SAR is about.