PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Dissapointed with CFI
View Single Post
Old 22nd Nov 2012, 03:03
ParsonsKHWV

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down Dissapointed with CFI

Hello,

I am a High School student who also travels half way throughout the school day to a Flight Academy with three other students from my High School. The actual Flight Academy is just a Ground School that goes over fundamentals, navigation, weather and everything that needs to be covered for the FAA written.

My Flight Academy sends groups across the street to the FBO for flight lessons. There are first and second year groups that go (two year program, I am a first year) the FBO across the parking lot, the CFIs and Aircraft are provided by the FBO.

I went on my first flight with a CFI that usually does not teach for students that come from our academy, I guess he does lessons with Student Pilots that aren't affiliated with my Academy. So as I was saying, I went on my first flight with him, heres the bad part. He was a slick guy, heintended he did a pre flight earlier this morning (it was about 12:30 PM), okay, I was thinking straight and proceeded to enter the plane. He then taxied to the runway without teaching me how, he took off by himself, he did banking by himself, he landed by himself, the only thing I had learned that day was how to fly straight .

I have been an observer in aircraft twice since the beginning of the school year (there is always two other student pilots from the academy that ride in the back watching for traffic) while I was an observer those two times, I learned how to pre flight, the student pilot in command learned how to bank, land and take off. When observing in the back seat bith times was with the regular first year instructor.

Have I been cheated? disrespected? I will be reporting this guy to my Academy and the FBO.

This whole situation has made me very dissapointed and so sad to think that I have been cheated blindly.

Please reply with your feelings about this situation.