PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The future of UK SAR, post SAR-H
View Single Post
Old 21st Nov 2012, 22:53
4thright

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ha Ha Crab...Is it you or the AW189 that is "totally unacceptable". You should be congratulated on your simplistic wind up efforts. I cannot imagine such a sweeping assertion is really what you believe.

The present AW139 does more than an adequate job in most circumstances for UK SAR, although no one is likely to agree that the cabin is the perfect size! But then what do I know... never operated the thing! The 189, if in fact it is being offered, seems to me to be an excellent aircraft to be useful in the majority of UK SAR rescues.

If I understand it right, half the new service will have an S92 sized aircraft, so on the few occasions such a sized aircraft is essential, then there will be more than enough to go round.

As for your incubator thingy, I am wondering how often that gets carried, and whether the taxpayer should be asked to spend millions more for such circumstances. A better approach might be the NHS providing suitable sized incubators at a sensible price rather than wasting millions on much larger aircraft than is needed for most call outs.