PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Who Runs the Best MCC Course ?
View Single Post
Old 25th Jan 2003, 20:58
Plastic Penguin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As a current driver for UK airline ( having a quite browse around wannabees), I am afraid I have to disagree with www. The cheapest MCC course is not always the one to go for. You need to take into account the relevence and quality of the instruction.

I also disagree a little with Crosswind.... The EFIS FMA will be your bread and butter for the future whatever type you fly. You must learn to integrate with the aircraft as well as the other pilot. If you cant tell what the aircraft is doing then you will be on the road to becoming another AAIB statistic (see Strasbourg A320 with FPA instead of VS, Cali B757 etc etc)... with the AP disengaged the problem is worse since you will both have reduced capacity.... remember you still need to program the FD.

I recommend you do look around for a course but dont do it at the expense of relevent and up to date knowledge you could get for just a little more outlay... talk to those that have gone before you and find out from them what course was like and dont dismiss advise from those who have been ther because you have your own prejudice( although I know these are usually the same prejudices as the bank manager )

Ps... the ground has a PK of .99, dont take a chance on getting into the .01

Last edited by Plastic Penguin; 26th Jan 2003 at 10:23.