PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Guimbal Cabri G2
View Single Post
Old 19th Nov 2012, 21:52
cockney steve

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hughes...I couldn't agree more! unfortunately for you, Guimbals on the used market are going to be like rocking horse 5h1t, 'cos all owners appear to be delighted with them. I also think they will fetch top-dollar.....unlike your Range-dog example , the price of which will suffer galactic depreciation in that first 2 years.....they've always been slung together with a load of poor-quality bits leading to constant failures both major and minor......Trabant should be about 10 grand nowadays...they've had ~25 years to recover the tooling costs of the current version of that motorised stagecoach.......you talk about taking the whizz!!!!.....don't forget Guimbal's a Frog....they do things a bit differently out there they're mere amateurs in the art of screwing punters.

I'd love you to get a couple of used ones for handy money, but my crystal ball says Dennis Kenyon's original estimate of depreciation is extremely pessimistic.

As insurers get the measure of this new entrant to the market, the others will jump on the gravy-train and the price will crash to a realistic level.

I think you're cutting your nose to spite your face, but I think this heli will succeed and Frank will have to seriously up his game.

Pitts, they don't give a flying Fxxk about the product....they'll know the Robbo profitability, they'll know the Guimbal's been certified and appraised by top experts like D.K.....but as an "unknown entity" they've a good excuse to squeeze hard and bleed off as much gravy as they can....as other competition enters the field, they'll compete until the price is realistic. Make hay whilst the sun shines, comes to mind.

Last edited by cockney steve; 19th Nov 2012 at 22:03. Reason: Address Pitts' comments