PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Blues At Brize
Thread: Blues At Brize
View Single Post
Old 25th Jan 2003, 09:45
FJJP

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Since Pprune became a forum where serving individuals made comment about current Service issues, you can bet your life that the plods and over-sensitive execs search for clues as to the identity of individuals making the criticisms. Was there not a case where a guy at Kinloss gave away too many clues, was identified and hammered? (Maybe someone can tell us the full story on that one).

The Staish at Brize only has to tell his execs that he is on a witch-hunt to find the originator for it to sweep thru the base - more especially if he intimates that he is close to finding the name. That would guarantee that the individual deletes the original post pronto. In the early days of my time contributing to this forum, a comment was made by an individual who gave away so much in his comment that I worked out his name within hours. When I told him, he deleted his post immediately, changed his nom-de-plume and was very much more careful in the future.

The Pprune Moderators are a sensible bunch - it takes a lot for them to pull a topic. So far I have only seen them do it twice - once on security grounds and once when an individual became grossly offensive. The BZN uniform topic was never offensive or controversial. I hope we can get an answer, even if it is thru a third party.

[Now all it needs is for ADUX to post for the complete set - private joke!]

Last edited by FJJP; 25th Jan 2003 at 10:38.