PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair buys new private jet to shuttle staff
Old 14th Nov 2012, 06:40
Pace

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gaunty

I have never read such a load of ill informed rubbish as placed in this thread!
It is not the pilots job to know whether a flight is a legal or illegal charter!
Just the opinions shown here on the RyanAir Lear which is fully legal demonstrates how many pilots would get it wrong!
It is illegal for a pilot to "knowingly" fly or to have "reasonable" suspicions that a flight is an illegal charter it is not his position to sit in on meetings or to have the knowledge to study legal documents made between the owner and leasing party or to be a party to those meetings that was confirmed to me by a highly respected aviation lawyer!
A pilot is not an aviation lawyer! Probably better if he was as he might make some money !
The Ryan Air Lear was bought for internal work flying engineers and light parts to stricken aircraft! It was estimated to fly 900 hrs per year doing that work!
Maybe it's not flying as much as estimated so they are paddying things out moving employees and executives around as well !
All perfectly legal for a private op. Maybe the pilots should insist they sit in on the board meetings at RyanAir and are part of the decision making process as well as scrutinizing the legal documents made by RyanAirs legal department? and challenge the knowledge and accuracy of that legal department?

Very clever pilots!!! They could make a fortune in law.

Pace

Last edited by Pace; 14th Nov 2012 at 08:00.