PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Get a CPL and ??? Do you expect it?
View Single Post
Old 24th Jan 2003, 13:42
the wizard of auz
Bugsmasherdriverandjediknite

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down

C"mon guys n gals, wake up and smell the roses!!! I justsaw a CFI/CP job advertised for around the 50K mark.....who in their right mind is going to do that........I know I know, some one would and plenty would love the job, but lets face facts. 5 out of 100 applicants are going to land the dream job and one day go on and be a 744 driver and earn the dollars they deserve, but what happens to the other 95??????.we end up trying to eek out a living in GA, thats what. now if 50K is the best your going to get after years of hard work and dedication to the industry (god knows why) not to mention the initial hardships and cost of the licence, do ou really think its going to be worth it. can you raise a family and buy a house and be garanteed job security and be a happy little vegimite on 50K????. Knowing that the best job your eventually going to get in GA is going to be a CFI or CP and knowing that the moneys as bad as it is why would ya? and dont kid yerself into thinking that the love of flying is going to conquer all......it wont, when you get to around the 5000hrs mark and are still driving a heap of sh!t and living in rented accomadation, you will wake up and relize what a waste its all been, and how you wish you could live in your own house with your own family and drive to work in your current model car.
I KID YOU NOT. the only reason I stay in aviation is because I ow the business and get good returns in the market niche I have developed for my self, burt I want out eventually and I am fortunate enough to own my own aircraft so I can fly when I like, but believe me boys and gals, if your one of the 95, get a real job and hire or buy a share in your weekend flyer and live like a normal wage (almost all are better than you can expect in GA) earning person with a boat and car and weekends off and BBQs with freinds without having to worry about yopur beer money comming out of the rent, having the ability to send your kids to a private school and all that stuff.
the only people I know of that are happy in GA are owners of the company or single people that havnt woken up to the fact that they might not make the 5.
GA sux and most GA operaters are out there waiting to prey on you young unfortunates who havnt woken up yet or think your in the count for a left hand seat in something big.

>RANT OVER<