PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Get a CPL and ??? Do you expect it?
View Single Post
Old 24th Jan 2003, 03:07
High Altitude

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No hard luck story here 3.

The jobs I tried to fill were from friends in PVT category. One was a station job, the other a meat bombing job.

Generally it is not hard to find pilots, although finding quality pilots can be a challenge.

I commend your decision to do what you have done and to keep your flying as a hobby.

Until GA is a LEVEL playing field then conditions will never improve. It is very hard to compete against funded airlines and those that speak the word of god. Its not impossible but it is tough. I've been in the game for a while now and my attitude has sure changed towards alot of things - believe it or not I would love to see GA drivers get more for their investment. Problem is that in todays industry it aint gunna happen until the majors are cracked.

I've done my time in the bush and as they say I loved every bit of it. My first boss actually never paid me! No I didn't work for free as I was under the understanding I was getting paid, I learnt my lesson very early.

As you said 3 it is a personal decision on wether or not to make a sacrifice although I do agree that it is a single mans venture...