PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Big Redundancies Coming at Netjets?
View Single Post
Old 7th Nov 2012, 16:48
His dudeness

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Like i said, I dont know if this is normal or can happen, either way I would have been hesitant boarding!
Me too, but only if IŽd know that there is NO maintenance done after such an event.
Our engines do rattle when spinning down, never fails to get the attention of new passengers...

Just a little story: I once took delivery (not mine!) of a brand new Challenger 300, flew it over (7 hrs) and had an oil chip detect message after landing and the engine had to be exchanged. Total time on this engine: 25 hrs.
Asked the Honeywell tech rep, he said this is unheard of with this engine. Checked the engine logbook of the exchange engine, which said that it was removed for an oil chip detect... these things happen and are by no means a sign of bad maintenance. (although very rarely in jet engines)

I do know some guys in NJE and I believe they would not take an unsafe aircraft out flying.
In fact, NJE seemed to be a bit over the top in this respect IMO, given some stories they told me about occasions when they ferried in replacement aircraft - which is a good thing.

Last edited by His dudeness; 7th Nov 2012 at 16:49.