PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - easyjet pilots to strike??
View Single Post
Old 23rd Jan 2003, 13:54
bijave

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
max_cont, I perfectly agree with you. Stick to your demands, nothing less.

Apart from that, I still cannot understand how people can consider a 6 ON 3 OFF pace as normal...No family life, no personal life, just time to get your pack of shirts clean and jump back on the plane. Mind you, I don't live that life so I cannot complain. But I cannot believe this is considered acceptable at EZY...

By the way, for having stricken before, I can tell you the effect of a pilots' strike goes much beyond than 55% BALPA/20% flights leaving. First hours, it works, eventhough there's always a need for 5 people in aircraft (2 pilots, 3 stewards) which is never reachable in case of a general strike. Therefore, you're lucky if you get 20% of flights going.

Then, after a few hours, as people have to go back to rest, as the situation gets tenser with constraints increasing, it gets more and more difficult to get 2 pilots and 3 flight attendants on a plane at the same moment, not counting those thinking "after all, I'll go for it as well". Slowly, the amount of flights leaving decreases and you find yourself with zeroing activity with only 60%-70% striking.

Also, you don't have to be a BALPA member to strike, do you ?