PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - easyjet pilots to strike??
View Single Post
Old 23rd Jan 2003, 09:25
Engee73

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DA

I was not including GO, I was under the impression that they required 3000 hours. Easyjet requiress 3000 factored hours (see the website) and when recruiting direct entry captains also required recent experience in the LHS. Which is why there are some very experienced FO's (The RBA man in question was with Virgin in the RHS for 2 years) in the company at present.

It is (currently!) policy to promote from within which is why we are not accepting applications from direct entry captains. This is subject to change at a moments notice.

That said, why is it that a considerable number of the eJ senior blokes are either looking to, or have recently, ‘jumped ship’ – because, as such, this seems greatly at variance with the hype that it’s ‘so good’ at eJ - maybe they know something that you don’t ?!

If you check my post I have not defended the current conditions at easy and I regard myself as well informed.

The recruitment team is given very little in the way of resoucres and they do their best. If any applicant is serious about applying for easy and hasn't had a response for that long it might be worth trying again, in fact if you were serious you might have updated after 6 months. the limitations of the website (due to the few IT resoucres available to the recruitment team) are such that the window that comes up when you press send is in effect you initial response.

They are working on it

easy: It could be great.