PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - easyjet pilots to strike??
View Single Post
Old 23rd Jan 2003, 09:08
RAT 5

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ECWK;

Crew food and perhaps other items:

You alluded to changing conditions and grounds for constructive dismissal; if I understand it correctly, under EU labour law, most of which applies in UK, it is illegal to change T's & C's of a contract without mutal consent, agreed negotiation or correct termination of contract procedures. It is not allowed to whilly nilly downgrade an employees T's & C's of service.
Surely BALPA should be able to confirm this?

Regarding the comment about running away from management rather than confronting them: if you are not prepared to stand up for your dignity and self-respect, and not be the door mat of the unscrupulous, why bother to join a union? It's a very expensive route to do no more than conduct annual pay negotiations, and even that has not proved successful, yet.

One reason for membership is to generate unity to battle the robber barons. Now's your chance, and it likely to be the last one. Remember all the bar room whinging you've heard for years in every airline. Not solving this deep seated critical matter, then whinging will be high on the rhichter scale for ever more.

It's amazing that 3 years ago, a senior member of the board made the statement, twice, that the quality of life issue had to be solved quickly as it was critical to the survival of the airline. Absolutely nothing was done and the chickens are coming home.

Bon Chance.