PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Canada crew rooms searched for "pilfering"
Old 23rd Jan 2003, 08:26
reggiespotter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As an aviation professional but not being a pilot, and after having read this thread, it's so easy to understand why so many pilots' colleagues hold them in utter and absolute contempt. Here we have a group (i.e., pilots) that is the best paid of all aviation professionals and whose allowances/per diems would quite often exceed the annual salaries of their colleagues on the ground wingeing because some of their number were sprung helping themselves to company stores.

Shame on anyone who takes their employers property!! It is a fact that the odd telephone call, a few pages of photocpying here and there are part and parcel of all corporate life, regardless of industry. What falls outside accpted practice in the name of 'perks' is the systemic removal - I would call it theft - of company materials be such material be aircraft stores or widgets. The fact that a/c stores and pax amenities have been included in the ticket price is immaterial: the simple fact is that these stores are NOT yours. They belong to someone else and quite clearly should remain where they are.

I have to ask Musthafagander how he can defend the indefensible? The fact that technicalities are used to escape a charge of theft must indeed be a hollow victory....resort to a technicality often implies guilt but of course everyone is innocnet until proven guilty. I wouldn't want to be working alongside someone who was a tad light fongered - I would never know if his or her fingers would extend to my goods and chattels.

Good riddance to thiefs!!!