PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - easyjet pilots to strike??
View Single Post
Old 23rd Jan 2003, 07:40
Anotherpost75

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pilt-downMan

Re your post of 21 Jan. Very very well said and the quick you cut to is:

“We have an opportunity at this time to try and create a better lifestyle for us all in the long term and if we do not all support one another, Easy/Go, Capts/FO's & BALPA PC, we may as well go belly up now and give the Easy management free reign over the rest of out working time with this company.”

And:

“Many people seem to be looking for ways to justify not withdrawing our labour, but I feel we should have no guilt in that respect. We are fighting for reasonable working conditions/lifestyle which is not only our right, but it enhances SAFETY!!.”

Members of Easy

A number of questions someone may wish to answer:

1. Why do you feel that you have to run away from your “management” rather than very justifiably confront them?
2. Where do you think you will all go in the present climate?
3. What possible option has the “management” in the face of definite and legal withdrawal of labour, other than serious negotiation and change?
4. What would be the attitude of the institutional shareholders to a catastrophic plummeting of share price following the first day of labour withdrawal?
5. What would their attitude be specifically towards the Easy CEO?
6. In the event of a stand-off with these shareholders would your Chairman stick with the CEO, defending him as a competent professional manager with a great track record at Easy?

Rumbo de Pista

Re your post of 21 Jan. Just so we can all judge BALPA’s own track record, what exactly are the details of:

“BALPA did me and my colleagues in a previous airline a huge dis-service a while ago, and I trust them not one jot.”