PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - easyjet pilots to strike??
View Single Post
Old 22nd Jan 2003, 23:47
Devils Advocate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

Engee73 - W.r.t. “There are no 2500 hour captains with easyJet”

Really, does this also include the influx of folks from Go too ?...... e.g. I know one chap ( whom I believe is now a training captain ) who got his B737 command with only very ‘modest’ hours’ – so as such there is a precedent ( sort of ) - mind you, he IS bloody sharp and his TT when he moved seats was nearly all on the B737; So maybe he’s the exception to the rule ?!

However, w.r.t. your ex RBA colleague, one's inclined to say that this seems quite unusual, i.e. that you have an 'experienced' ( 5000+ hours ) chap in the RHS ( which, as you’ll know, is indeed more than some / many of your LHS folks ), and wherein one must particularly wonder why such an adroit and experienced pilot is not being rapidly moved into the LHS ( as per the normal MO of the eJ meritocracy ), especially so when you’ve a growing demand for good quality LHS’ers ( which I know you dispute is not the case, in as much that you’ve suitable FO’s galore ! – apparently )...... and one wonders if this particular example has more to do with the 'old boys club' At Large, which has now come home to roost ?

That said, why is it that a considerable number of the eJ senior blokes are either looking to, or have recently, ‘jumped ship’ – because, as such, this seems greatly at variance with the hype that it’s ‘so good’ at eJ - maybe they know something that you don’t ?!

Ps. (hence the edit)

As a chap with several thousand hours on B737's and many years experience of working in airlines, and other industries, purely out of curiosity - as to who / what they're about - I once applied to eJ.
However, almost laughably, the initial response recieved back from their recruitment department was nine ( yes, 9 ) MONTHS later - and it wasn't even a reply, just some soddin' email shot about how great the eJ recruitment team are, and veritably nothing more than 'hype & spin personified !'

Now if the people in the eJ recruitment team ( though wherein I do NOT include Engee73 ) are a reflection of the efficiency of rest of the eJ management(?), then all I can say is gawd help the lot of 'em.

Last edited by Devils Advocate; 23rd Jan 2003 at 00:10.