PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Monarch - 3
Thread: Monarch - 3
View Single Post
Old 28th Oct 2012, 23:44
TheQuietLife

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'd be ready for some PR fall out over the new Monarch hand baggage policy and its implementation timescale.

I think the PR spin being put on this is disgusting, and not at all what I would expect from Monarch.

Old policy was a single item, 56x45x20cm. Hand bags, laptops etc were fine - so long as they fitted inside the single hand baggage item permitted to go through security and boarding.

Monarch have announced this as 'two seperate items now permitted through security and boarding', however both must fit together within the permitted space.

And the permitted space is reduced to 56x40x20 cm!

That's 5cm narrower, and means a 10+% reduction in overall volume. Effective thursday 1st November, regardless of when passengers booked.

The previous size was the same as BA and U2 maximum size, now it is smaller than standard.

Expect some problems from people who booked when their bags met the dimensions, and turn up at the airport on Thursday not having been advised of the change. And thouse people on return trips who flew out before the changes, etc.

And at Luton, it is still one item, so a pure and simple size reduction.