PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Where to hour build cheaply and constructively towards JAR Modular Route?
Old 22nd Jan 2003, 03:14
algernon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the unashamed plug Bakerpilot and I understand congratulations are in order for the issue of your CPL.
"Sensibles" comments may have been valid in December although I cannot ever recall seeing a "flat" tyre on the line.
In deference to George and Jatin's wishes the Britannia Flight Centre's name is no longer being used so that in the event that they should wish to re-open the School they will be free to resume the Britannia name.
It was very gratifying to read the accolades being heaped on George and Jatin for the way they ran the Britannia Flight Centre and particularily for the way in which they decided to call it a day. (See Wannabees 17th Oct 2002 17.03) Honesty and Integrity may yet prevail.
In the meantime there is the matter of what to with 11 aircraft for which there was no immediate use.
Here is the current situation. Three of the aircraft have been refurbished and sold and an ongoing programme is scheduled for the remainder. I trust no one would dispute that Flight School Aircraft are kicked around and abused and therefore require some considerable amount of cosmetic restoration before they can be presented for sale to private owners. As a result some of the aircraft are now available for hours building until such time as they are withdrawn from use for restoration or that a viable hour building operation can be sustained. Updates on the current goings on at Winter Haven can be found at

wingsandwheelsfl.com

We are always glad to have visitors from UK, by road or by air, if only to remind us about the Weather.
Margaret and Eric Shipley