PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Canada crew rooms searched for "pilfering"
Old 22nd Jan 2003, 01:12
T_richard

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ah Big Party As you probably know already, typing your entire message in CAPS is the internet equivalent of yelling at someone.

I am amused by the lengths that people have gone to, to justify these stolen drinks. Ink from a pen, personal telephone calls. My limited understanding of the law is that it doesn't work with quite the rigidity portrayed in this thread. Using the company pen, maybe even taking the company pen home to write the great British/Canadian/American novel while technically theft won't be pursued by most companies. As I understand the previous postings, Air Canada had a serious problem with large numbers of staff helping themselves to the liquor supplies repeatedly. I also am led to believe that there was a company wide warning about this behavior and the companie's intent to crack down on it. Bottom line, they were warned, the continued to steal, they were caught, now they pay.

The way I see it, if you want to believe it wasn't stealing, no argument is going to change your POV. Believe what you want, life will straighten it out for you.

I'm outta here

Peace