PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Monarch - 3
Thread: Monarch - 3
View Single Post
Old 27th Oct 2012, 23:02
FRatSTN

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Precisely! That's why they are sort of shooting themselves in the foot by offering the same routes as EasyJet, Thomson, Thomas Cook, BA in some cases and now Norwegian as well! In all fairness, their costs are not that different to EasyJet if cheaper at all and the frequencies of most of their routes are considerably less so what (other than the slightly higher standards as you put it) about Monarch really screams out to the consumer over the above airlines?

All I'm saying is I beleive Monarch could still remain highly competetive by competing indirectly with those airlines by stepping into Stansted (not suggesting Monarch should completely leave Gatwick) since it's fairly under-served on their key routes such as Alicante, Faro etc. as only Ryanair now flies those routes from Stansted. Monarch could take advantage of the EasyJet closures of those routes by opening a small base at Stansted since Ryanair is less of a threat than it's current direct competitors at Gatwick since the service differenciates on a greater level. As I say, a lot of people would choose to pay a bit extra for the standards of Monarch and avoid Ryanair!

Last edited by FRatSTN; 27th Oct 2012 at 23:05.