PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ag-Types Fundamental design flaws.
View Single Post
Old 27th Oct 2012, 20:05
Super Cecil

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Being taller than normal I find it OK looking over the nose, still a problem at times but you work with what you have. The best AG aircraft is the one your flying at the moment, you make the best of it.
If your flying a Tractor then it's controls are light and responsive, a Thrush is stable and very predictable in turns. If you go from a Tractor to a Thrush then you think the Thrush is heavy and unresponsive, go the other way and you think the Tractor is flighty and over sensitive. As I said you work with what you have and enjoy it's particular good points.
Visibility the same, you can't change it so you get used to it. One thing that exacerbates that is most strips you work off are unprepared short strips with all sorts of obstacles from an auger on the end of the strip to timber and terrain so you have to thread down a gully.
Radials seem worse, you have to have a good memory to work in mountainous country.
As I said make the best of what you have, enjoy it's particular good points and be aware of it's bad ones.