PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FLY EASA
Thread: FLY EASA
View Single Post
Old 26th Oct 2012, 13:28
Bearcat F8F

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i think the Visa is not an issue for me .

i was thinking to Get my FAA CPL , then go to UK for a conversion .
Why on Earth would you pick a JAA school in the US to get an FAA license to start with?

If you are wanting to do FAA steer well clear of all JAA schools in the US. I can tell you a brilliant FAA school in Florida - absolutely top class. Brilliant and friendly people and instructors who will care more about you than getting your money... no hidden fees either. So if you are interested in an FAA license, google "SkyEagel Aviation Academy". They are also known as "Horizon Flight Academy" in Fort Lauderdale. Recently changed their name and have a new website in development. They are quite small, and are completely focused on providing excellent training at an affordable price.

Anyway, if you want a JAA school, FLY EASA is not the best option. Yes you might get a good instructor... but the management will squeeze ever penny out of you. They have hidden costs and charges for everything. At the end you will leave with a PPL. I still don't regret going there, but only because I really wanted to fly in the US. If I didn't care which country to train in, I would definitely stick with Europe.