PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - easyjet pilots to strike??
View Single Post
Old 21st Jan 2003, 19:06
Rumbo de Pista

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
First, I can't help remarking that these problems have only been around since BALPA got involved. BALPA did me and my colleagues in a previous airline a huge dis-service a while ago, and I trust them not one jot.

Second, I must say that I agree that there are substantial numbers of substantial questions over the running of this airline. The management team might be capable (just, and with much criticism) of running a ten-aircraft operation, but what they have undertaken, both in pure terms and in terms of the requisite management of change, is clearly now beyond them.

Other operators might be criticised (often are!) for over-heavy management structures, and may have cut back, but at least they have appropriate numbers of appropriately skilled AND TRAINED people in place to run the operation, and don't resort to the sort of bully-boy tactics exlained to me at length over a beer in a pub recently, regarding promotion (highlighted by Pilt-downMan), the managing of those who may appear not to squeeze sufficiently maleably into the company mould, and the very basic issue of training and qualification of senior managers.

I agree, this airline is heading for very big trouble. But at least it will enable all of us outside to see we were right not to be taken in by the 'spin'.