PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - easyjet pilots to strike??
View Single Post
Old 21st Jan 2003, 13:36
Max Autobrake

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MORE RESIGNATIONS AT EZY

It keeps getting worse and worse - apparently the BRS Base Captain and another highly respected Training Captain have resigned to join the up-and-coming Astraeus. I understand that another member of the EZY Training Dept is also about to throw in the towel.

Maybe somebody from EZY (No Sig?) would like to tell us the wisdom of the $1.5M decision to make 13 of their new 700's CAT IIIB capable when their own Training Dept cannot do the necessary training.......

or why the CAA at a recent audit expressed serious concerns about the lack of a defined and accountable management structure.....

or why the CAA has queried the lack of applications for various training/ops positions.....

Ed Winter, GO's Transformation Director was overheard last week openly expressing his opinion that the whole merger/takeover has been a complete disaster from start to finish, blaming the dictatorial and intransigent attitudes of EZY management.

If I were a betting man, I'd put money on it that the whole outfit is about to implode in a BIG way! Apparently the threatened strike action would cost EZY £2M a day - probably about time the Shareholders clawed-back the Managers' £10M bonus - I reckon they'll be needing it!

C'mon No Sig, haven't heard from you for a while....what's going on?

Last edited by Max Autobrake; 21st Jan 2003 at 15:05.