PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pilot Training College - Florida Ops closure
Old 24th Oct 2012, 20:21
alan-wrigley

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The Truth

Let's put this nonsense to rest. I do not need to hide behind an alias because I have nothing to hide and will only tell the truth. I was the CFI at PTC about nine years ago for a period of seven months. Mike Jones was one of my staff instructors. Since that time I have had very little involvement with PTC. I have assisted with some independent interviewing and assessments of candidates for various schools, one of which was PTC. I have revalidated ratings for various pilots, some of whom have worked for PTC, including Mike Edgeworth and Mike Jones. That is what independent examiners do. I am not an IAA examiner and have not been for many years.

I have no axe to grind in this matter and no wish to be involved in the squabbles. I have nothing but sympathy for anyone who has lost money with PTC, Cabair or any of the many other providers who have gone bust over the years. But I have no knowledge of any scams at any of these establishments.

I have recently joined AFT as CFI. To the best of my knowledge this school has no links with any other school. In my view as a very experienced instructor and examiner I believe that AFT offers a good service to its trainees. The company has some well qualified instructors and a good pass rate. What else does one need? There are no scams, cons or anything untoward to the best of my knowledge. If I knew of anything I would not be here because I value my reputation.

Now, is there anything else any of you would like to know? If you want to make direct contact with me please email or telephone me. You have my details already.