PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ATC Humour (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 21st Jan 2003, 09:44
ekch

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

Hi all,

a couple for you:

Situation: EKCH TWR, heavy inbound traffic for both parallels, a SAS Commuter Fokker 50 approaching the holding point of 22R with a slot that's becoming tight. Female colleague 'manning' the position.

SAS: Tower, Scandinavian 645, ready for departure
TWR: SAS645, I've got traffic on 3 miles final...errr...stand by
(Short pause while she coordinates with the colleague working the parallel runway)
TWR: SAS645, Are you ready for a quick one?
SAS: Sure ma'am, but I have to go to Hamburg first...

Had the pleasure of visiting JFK Tower during a trip to New York some years ago. One of the controllers told me this, reportedly expericenced by himself a few days earlier:

An AA 757 is coming out of the AA terminal cul-de-sac at high speed, checking in on the TWR frequency. Controller asks: "Why the hurry?" and the reply, although a bit garbled, sounds exactly like "I have a dangerous cargo".
"Okay" thinks our hero, "better give this guy priority in the departure sequence." This is done and furthermore a message about this particular flight having a dangerous cargo is passed along down the line thru the ATC system.
After the flight has reached O'Hare airport in record time, the ORD controller asks the pilot: "AAxxx would you need any special assistance when parking?"
AA: "Errr...no...why d'ya ask???" (sounding quite baffled)
TWR: "Well, understand that you told JFK TWR that you had a dangerous cargo..."
AA: "Nonono, I said I have a date in Chicago !!!"

Keep'em coming...