PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Turkish Airlines
View Single Post
Old 23rd Oct 2012, 12:16
flyer79

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
THY selection

Hi eagle 737,

From your location, I'm betting you must be coming from Jet Airways. Am I wrong? lol
I've seen many of your colleagues down there when I did my assessment. Some had already started others still on waiting list.

There's not much I can tell you that would help you. I asked the same questions on that forum and other nice guys (they will recokgnize themselves) came to rescue me by feedbacking me in PM.

Day 1: psycho. Be assertive, and do not hesitate to speak up your ideas. There will be camera recording you.
Try to work with the group during the exercice. Because you're a captain, they might also be looking for leadership. At the end just be yourself. All these psycho tests (and i have done many in my career) are all strange, unoredictable and even probably inaccurate, because they don't show you in real life situation. So if they wanna pass you, they will, otherwise....nothing you can do about.

Day2: English. Just read on the screen and also explain situation, after being shown a picture. Not very tough, althoug, on british lady in my group failed it.....!!!!! Strange.

Day3: Sim. For the 737, it's ISTANBULbut study also ANKARA (never know). 2 engines raw data, followed by ILS raw data, strong crosswind and Go Around.

Then N-1, with FD, but no QRH actions to read and complete.
Single engine manual circuit. (I found that one hard).

I must say that the sim has terminated many guy's hope in the group. This is where they sacked half of the guys.

Good luck to you.