PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Type but no time IN type?
View Single Post
Old 23rd Oct 2012, 03:50
pilotbaba

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"Yeah that's sort of what I was afraid of. As far as going to a regional, that's not really an option (do you know what they pay those guys over here???) I'll have to figure something else out. Maybe I can marry an aussie or a kiwi and sneak in that way. "

It is not easy anywhere, especially in any part of the developed world, whether it is Europe, USA, NZ or AUS, a decent paying flying job is very difficult to find & even after all the struggle if you manage to find one, there is no guarantee how long you will have it.....

The part of the world which offers best in terms of pay is the part where most don't want to live....

I know how it is here at home bud, I am going through the same grind. I know very well what they pay 1st yr FO at XJET, SKYWEST, PNCL & GOJET. I also know how things are playing out with Comair & Colgan & American Eagle is not far behind to be next.....

Perhaps you didn't read my post, where I said even though I am very junior in terms of flight hours, but I have seen enough springs & winters & also have done my research.

So, if I was you, this is what I would do.... suck it up for 6-12 months, join a company which operates CR7/9 or E170/175, pref with no training contract, fly 6-12 months & apply to Qatar, FD etc etc & move on with life.....

Heck, who cares abt a prorated training contract, if one gets a job making $7000 to $8000 per month, paying back the remainder of the contract will not be hard at all & it will be a nice tax write off.

BTW if I had even 1/3rd of your flight experience, I would be sitting in the right seat of a 320 or 737 in 6-12 months.....

Last edited by pilotbaba; 23rd Oct 2012 at 03:51.