PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Type but no time IN type?
View Single Post
Old 22nd Oct 2012, 23:11
The Dominican

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yeah that's sort of what I was afraid of. As far as going to a regional, that's not really an option (do you know what they pay those guys over here???) I'll have to figure something else out.
The point I was trying to make is that you can target an airline job on the expat market, not in the US (I realize the salary makes it not an option) start sending your stuff to all the feeder airlines you can find that operate heavier RJ's (CRJ7's and above, forget the CR2's) all over the world, even if it is not where you want to be finally, the goal is to get some airline experience that coupled with your actual experience will give you the times you need to tick the boxes on an application. I'll give you an example, I have a good friend that I have known for over 20 years, very experienced pilot with over 11,000 hours and over 7,000 jet PIC, but all his time was in corporate jets (Hawker 800, Falcon 2,000) he wanted to leave corporate aviation and get into airline flying but even with those credentials he was not getting any interview offers except for more corporate flying and he was done with that. After having a chat with him I convinced him to stop trying to target A320's and 777's as an F/O and try to get a job in a regional carrier in the expat market, he got a job out in the ME flying an E175 and flew it for a while, then he came to Asia and flew the same type a little more, now he is at Skymark and came as a DEC on the 737.

Food for thought, good luck