PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Type but no time IN type?
View Single Post
Old 22nd Oct 2012, 21:55
pilotbaba

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
+1 for everything that Dominican said.

The single pilot experience in IMC with approaches to the mins, are really great & will definitely get you a lot of respect & brownie points from the pilots who have been there, done that & those who sit with you in the interview session.
The problem is, in order to reach there, the application will have to pass through the HR & Mgmt types, who decide what is right for their company. They will not let you reach the point to get those brownie points.
Right or wrong, it is their turf, their rules.....

I am being told the same thing from my contacts; the TT time, the variety of flying, single pilot ops, 4 yr degree etc etc NONE of this is not that of a big deal in ME & SE Asia.
What the arilines actually want,
1) Time in type on the A/c they operate.
2) The time in airline operations in comparable type of A/C & operations.

Look at the requirements of QATAR, FLYDUBAI or EMIRATES, look at their requirements & you will see that 1000 TPIC is no where in the picture

CRJ700/900 or similar (read min 30 Ton MTOW limit) is a must for Emirates but QATAR & Fly Dubai are relatively (little) easy to get a break in ........

I am very junior to give any advise but based on my reasearch, If I was in your shoes, I would join a regional for a year or so depending who my target airline is...

Problem is that for a regional, you will be way overquallified......