PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pilot Training College - Florida Ops closure
Old 21st Oct 2012, 21:45
a higher plane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Not sure if the ratings were renewed or not. It was made clear in conversation to said AW, who is a CAA examiner allegedly, that in fact he should be careful getting involved with Mr Edgeworths ratings because:
1. Mr Edgeworth was required to do retraining under the guidance of an FTO which does not exist in Waterford.
2. The training needs sign off by an HOT or CFI, neither of them are.
3. The flight trainer and examiner cannot be one and the same person ;.)
4. If the flight is to be conducted in Ireland the aircraft must be on an FTO approval Cert, does not exist.
5. There must be an insurance cert for the aircraft which approves it for test by an examiner.

AW was also the Head of the sales team for PTC Cambridge and was part of the assessment team that went on trips to the middle east.

In relation to Mr Robertson being a Captain, he was, but of the Wexford lifeboat. Worked for the RNLI for many years and very experienced sailor. He did complete the ATPL theory but did not go beyond the CPL.

I would ask though that distance between ME and his lack lustre team and those in the training departments both in Florida and Waterford be made.
Every effort was made to train students to a high standard so that jobs in the business were a possibility. It was unfortunately the training departments that ended up trying to cope with the collateral damge left in ME's wake. The company as it was run was a true democracy and all persons with experience were listened to NEVER!

The company was more of a sales and marketing business or IT business that did a bit of pilot training on the side. Had to check the sign on the door a couple of times to make sure we were in the right place.