PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pay at VS / BA / LH / IB / AF?
View Single Post
Old 20th Jan 2003, 22:39
Mini mums

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jet II,

Certainly don't want to get into a slanging match with you, but why should we compare like with like? One is cabin crew the other is a pilot. That isn't like with like. Tell me more about the different pay scales at BA, unless I'm seriously mistaken, we're all on the same pay scales - there's no CX A/B/C scale.

I'm not just talking about CSDs earning mega bucks - I don't know which fleet you are on, but from where I sit the majority of pursers take home more than I do. Honestly. Not bar talk, but from the accounts department.

90% might have voted in favour, but that doesn't mean the 90% believe that they got the best deal - and those are definitely two seperate issues. Financially I genuinely believe we should not have asked for more from the company. But scope . . . and status . . . are things that cost little, if anything.

We are all part of the same company, players in the same team, but my gripe centres on why we didn't have paid professional negotiators . . . why one band of pilots have benefitted at the cost of others . . .

We still have the best paid cabin crew (almost) in the world, and no one can pretend that even £40k is a reasonable salary for someone who is onboard primarily for safety and secondly to enhance the customer experience, when the primary providers of safety are locked away at the front, taking home less money.

Market value at VS?

Market value at LH?

Market value at CX?

Sorry folkes, pay them all £15k with London waiting, and the most senoir is CSD/CSM/IFS on the day.

Please don't pretend the pay deal has made 90% of the pilot work force happy.

Jet II - (edited bacaues I thought Jet II was a pilot) - we have not accepted a pay deal "that makes us the best paid pilots in Europe" - what's your problem? Maths? Learn the truth, then contribute to the Profession Pilots RUnour NEtwork. Good night, you are the weakest link.

Mini mums

Last edited by Mini mums; 20th Jan 2003 at 22:54.