PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pilot Training College - Florida Ops closure
Old 19th Oct 2012, 18:58
mmatalla

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dear Pilotbear;

I am the Chairman of AFT, and although I am not sure what your point is, I am happy to correct your information and answer any relevant question you may have. Needless to say, I will not endulge in gossip, hearsay or slander.

Yes, Dana is the COO of AFT and doing a great job. He has more gutts and dignity than many people I have worked with, and he has my full support. I don't know if he was a hairdresser or not, but being a hairdresser is not shameful, not is any job that brings food to your table in an honest manner.

Yes, Dana receives a salary, which I will not share with you for obvious reasons, but he does not get any comission.

I have never heard Dana claim to be a pilot, nor have I ever seen him in a pilot uniform. As a matter fo fact, he has a collection of black suites that I am trying to get him to trade-in. Nonethless, it is not the clothes that make the man.

Dana, and our entire team, are always careful to point out that "nobody" can guarantee anyone a job. In fact, I invite you to attend the next information session to hear his entire presentation first hand. I will even invite you to dinner as my guest.

There is no link between Mr. Edgeworth and AFT. AFT is owned entirely by my family, as is Ayla Aviation Academy in Jordan.

Yes, we took on some former PTC staff, including our Head of Training. We also have former Cabair personnel, as well as staff with experience in other FTO's. This is the nature of any business, and we are very proud of our staff.

Sincerely,

Marwan Atalla

Last edited by mmatalla; 20th Oct 2012 at 05:44.