PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Frozen ATPL Deadline ?
View Single Post
Old 27th Feb 2002, 17:55
Quarternion.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation

Xabi200,

What Polar_S. has overheard is just the tip of a very solid iceberg which you won't be able to dent I'm afraid.

When you start getting your lawyer involved you will be told about the difficuties the French DGAC are encountering with their own legal system.

Whilst it is easy to ammend English Common law by placing ammendments to the ANO, it is far far more difficult to change French Law as French Law based on some Napoleonic code which needs completely rewriting as it does not automatically accept ammendments by precedent. It will take an awful long time for this to happen although things are happening.

In short it is far far easier for English law to convert to European law than it is for France law to convert to European Law. That also goes for the implementation JAR into French Law as well unfortunately.

Perhaps that is why English people are more flexible and adaptable as they live under more flexible rules of law and not stuck in the dark ages.

So if you want to take on the French DGAC feel free I'll be all ears, but you will be taking on the whole French Legal Establishment I'm afraid. Its funny how the French treat their own worse than we do - normally its the english establishments who are the culprits !!!

Ever thought about becoming English? . .- I put that question to a Frenchmen once before, but the tricolour was hoisted and the answer was rather rude. If the question was reversed I would probably answer equally he same.

Napolean had great influence in his time and unfortunately still alive and kicking in the DGAC.

Europe is far from being round the corner I'm afraid !!!

Regards & let's know how far you get.