PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Frozen ATPL Deadline ?
View Single Post
Old 25th Feb 2002, 19:03
Quarternion.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face

I'm curious as to why the mad dash for this ATPL qualification.

Just what is the point in this mad scramble for the CAA ATPL?

Why plough all this money trying to achieve this deadline, fro example by going to florida and flying around in circles to do night hour building? What does this prove?

Are the airlines really going to look highly on people who have an ATPL and all they have ever flown is general aviation aircraft with relatively low performance i.e. C150 / PA28 / PA34 etc?

Save your money for re-validating your IR - convert your licence to a JAR CPL with frozen ATPL credits and get your ATPL when the airline you join give you the 500 multi crew required. In a sense with 500 multi crew, you are indeed an air transport pilot.

In two years time how valuable will a CAA ATPL be? and how will this be looked upon by prospective employers in a european market?

JAR has been a pain in the A*^&% for me also, but I'm not throwing any more good money after bad.

So can someone tell me the advantage of getting a CAA ATPL as this qualification becomes redundant?

Perhaps I'm missing the point. It just sounds like desperation as far as I'm concerned and you are all getting burned for nothing.