PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Frozen ATPL Deadline ?
View Single Post
Old 25th Feb 2002, 13:36
xabi200

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy

hey porco rosso,

Same problem with me.. .I went to a JAR approved school(by UK CAA)I did 10 month in Australia and 6 month in Jerez.. .So I was issued a CPL/IR frozen ATPL done according to JAR FCL rules.. .Spain accepts it with no questions asked i.e I can fly in a spanish registered aircraft without any validation from the spanish DGAC.. .I only get crap from the french DGAC,I've been trying to get my french validation since last May.. .The guy from the DGAC Mr Buffat(boss of the licensing department tel:01-58-09-42-64)he told me that he will have a meeting with the CAA on February 28th to find a solution. Basically they don't trust the UK CAA in issuing licences.I guess the french DGAC is much better,french are always better than anybody in the world,aren't they?. .The worse thing is that he told me/"WE AT THE DGAC WE WON'T BE ABLE TO HOLD ON TO OUR POSITION MUCH LONGER,IT IS A SHAME THAT YOU DID NOT STUDY IN FRANCE...". .Which means:" we are wrong, we know we are wrong but we are going to try and block the situation as much as we can". .In the mean time I missed work opportunities with La regional and possibly Britair, b4 sept 11th.. .In my opinion, they know that most UK school offer flying hours in the US, they are JAR school in the US what the point of doing a licence in France when you can do it cheaper in english with UK CAA approved FTO?. .Who speak french in the world????? What is the point in doing it in France???I think that the frenchs are just jealous of the englishes.. .Have you ever notice the difference when calling the DGAC and the CAA?DGAC answers right away nobody calls them unlike CAA where you have to hold for hours.Anyway who wants a paper written in French? It is great for Africa but is africa our long term goal???I think we'd rather work for Cathay or Emirates, can they read french???. .France is a small country which got f**** over an d over by england and it does not admit it.The french can't get over the fact that england stole all their colony and that the anglo saxons/anglo saxon system/english language rule the world.. .The only things they have left is food wine and love making. Does the DGAC test pilot abilities on flying an ILS within tolerance while having sex in the cockpit drinking a glass of Bordeaux?????. .I don' really want to work in France,I want to multiply my chances to find employment.. .So what I did is do a "recour aupres du mediateur de la republique" because france does not play by the JAR rules. Every body who seeks validation should do that.Then we will have more power.