PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Beech 1900 Rating....again!!
View Single Post
Old 20th Jan 2003, 02:47
mjbow2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
JoeCo....

your absolutely right. This is an awsome site for collecting info. I have found out so much without even asking.

this indusrty is one of the few (exceptions noted) that you have to pay for your own training, after you have paid a gazillion bucks for a your ATP (or commercial)

There seems to be a lot of different notions going around as to how to get a type rating in the states. I look forward to reading a definitive answer on what you have to do! I do beleive however that the requirement for getting a type at FS or wherever else is that you must have been 'trained' on an A/C above 12500lbs.....no rating needed. so that I would presume includes being SIC rated.

This cant be too far off the mark. I upgraded to captain in the 1900 after the act went into effect. and I am not even close to being a yanky citizen!

like you suggested joe. this may not be the situation youre in but maybe someone else is......good luck all.

btw.......8500sterling jeezus H.

If ya have less than 1000 hrs tt come over the states for a month or so and buy around 300hrs of Apachy time or something......

just a thought.....

hold on, i think you advertised around 1700/300 in the mideast forum......never mind

Oh yeah....... i think you will find a G-iv/v type is around US$30,000