PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air NZ to interview again?
View Single Post
Old 15th Oct 2012, 19:27
blah blah blah

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cheers Offcut, aware of the situation.

Current guys are likely to do a lot less than 8-9 years as an SO. While there is going to be a big pick up in the next couple of years I think that that will simply speed some guys through to the Bus, where they may well sit as things go back to the traditional progression rates.

737 is all but irrelevant now as, even though there will be the odd new hire course, effectively anyone being hired now wont ever get to fly it.

The way I see it at the moment is to have approximately 3-5 years as an SO, then on to the Bus for 5-7 years. Assuming things go as planned.

I flew with a guy the other day that took 3 years to get to 767 FO. That cant happen anymore because there is the Bus in the mix.

My point in the previous post was simply that someone who doesnt want to do long haul is not going to be happy. Currently they may get onto the Bus relatively quickly, but in somewhere around 5-7 years they will be looking at going back to long haul. How long then to get back to the Bus? 767 and 777 FO slots to fill before a Bus command. 10 years?