PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UK National Air Ambulance Service
View Single Post
Old 14th Oct 2012, 19:47
Savoia

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sotiras: You will have to excuse my limited powers of perception with regard to your comment in that I am not entirely sure what you are implying (if anything).

If you believe that I am advocating a national air ambulance service .. I have made no such declaration on the matter. Like anything, it would require an in depth knowledge of the subject matter to be able to many a meaningful contribution and such knowledge I simply do not possess.

In the quoted section of the HeliHub article in post #1 it says at the beginning of the second paragrpah: "This line of thinking goes against the majority opinion of the many separate charity groups .." and which response I would quickly identify with in the absence of more substantive information regarding this proposal.

Regarding the character involved in this proposal, while I do not know him .. I do know of him and yes .. I very much do wish to shine a light on the matter .. that the intentions behind this proposal may be revealed with the hopeful outcome of encouraging sound responses - responses which clearly benefit patients and operators alike.

I have no real views on the merits of a national air ambulance service at present (for the reason provided), I do however share great sympathy with Homonculus' view that air ambulance operations should be government funded.