PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Perth Airport - CEO Geatches on radio.
View Single Post
Old 12th Oct 2012, 23:22
airdualbleedfault

Received 21 Likes on 9 Posts
Nautilus, I think you are right about RW24 for departures but I guess my point is that for some reason (who lives off the end of that runway??) it's never used. You are correct that with the current SIDs it would only be a small amount of traffic using it but there is no reason that I can think of (other than some VIPs that have purchased housing off the end of a runway being protected) that any traffic departing north or north east, could not use 24 to ease the congestion on 21. It seems ridiculous that with all the delays in Perth the preferred option is to use a single runway with a downwind component, I'm pretty sure I've never seen that before and BTW I'm not saying its your fault.
Another point of note is that around 7 years ago RW06 was routinely used for arrivals, then it just stopped unless there is a 35kt nor easter, again, some influential people living in that area ?

I don't fly into Perth that often but I'm pretty sure from what I've been told that if I requested 03 between 0530 and 0930 I would probably incur a small delay, around 3-4 hours

Inside word, spot on although Lo viz procedures are probably not high priority for Perth. It's funny you should mention runway occupancy times, I got a big laugh out of ASAs latest feeble attempt to address the congestion at Perth. Again, I believe a lot of the departure congestion problems in the morning are due to the insessant need to use a single downwind runway, 21, and early in the morning there are not that many arrivals .