PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - alternatives for low houred pilots
View Single Post
Old 19th Jan 2003, 08:32
Constant Speed DU

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I left OATS in the summer of 2001, sent off 120 cv's to everyone operating under JAR. Loads of rejection letters and one selection day with Britannia. After going through selection for three months got the job starting in November. 9/11 happend, made redundant, worked for transair pilot shop which made me go crackers. Sent my CV out again, no replies. Called CTC, went through selection, went into the hold pool for three days and got a call asking me whether I could start a type rating in two days time. Transair luckily let me go. Two weeks later, interview with EZY. One year later call from Britannia offering my job back which I was unable to take due to personal circumstances. They will however keep me on file for next year.

Persistance pays off. If you want it, you will get the job. Don't put off, the sending out of your cv until the market has turned around. Put yourself in the position of the co's HR dept, if there were two people to choose from with same exp etc, one badgered you for the job and one sent his cv in once, which one would you choose? The keen one?!

The thing that I am trying to say, do not leave any stone unturned. Apply to CTC, it is free! I know a lot of people slag it off, but if they were in your position, just out of flight school with your loans etc, they would jump at he chance. I said to myself that I would work for nothing to get my foot in the door as long as I received a proper salary after I had proved myself.

If you need any advice [email protected]