PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Command Training
View Single Post
Old 9th Oct 2012, 09:01
zeddb

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am surprised by attitude of some of those guys, who think they can do whatever they want "'coz it's their sector"
Not really what I was trying to say chaps. We operate on a turn and turn about basis with all decisions made by the operating pilot being subject to final approval of the dude with 4 bars. He/she signs the tech log (although the FO can fill it in) and can overrule any decision or action if they see fit. Likewise the slave in the RHS can question the actions of the skygod on the left if they disagree or do not understand the reasoning (at a safe point in the flight ,obviously).

The rationale is to give the RHS as much opportunity as possible to act as P1 as far as they wish to do so. The idea being that a command course, should it ever happen, can concentrate on filling in the gaps rather than reinventing the wheel every time.

We don't have cadets in our outfit, everyone has jet time in thousands of hours so the supposed scenario of a 12 year old in shorts questioning the grizzled commander and acting like an extra from TopGun never arises. I myself am celebrating my 101st birthday soon and have perfected the art of bowing and scraping to my superiors who had better timing and luck than I did.

Hope that puts everyone at their ease.

Last edited by zeddb; 9th Oct 2012 at 09:04.