PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Day VFR Syllabus Question
View Single Post
Old 8th Oct 2012, 02:57
vk2tds

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Day VFR Syllabus Question

G'Day.

I have a question with regard to the Day VFR Syllabus, following my PPL Flight Test. It regards diversions, which is C8.7 in the Syllabus. The problem is that I did not know that a flightplan amendment during my PPL flight test, so did not call up FIR and update the flightplan. When I got back, the testing officer informed me that I had a partial pass, and needed to redo a diversion as well as a couple of other things. I need to fix those other points, but I don't want to have to do another mini-nav at the moment if I can help it.

The diversion was done in VMC in Class G Airspace as a VFR flight. We started and finished the flight in Class D, but the diversion was totally in Class G. We had a SARTIME that I updated just after the diversion, but were not under a full SARWATCH. We were not flying with full reporting procedures, nor were we making SKEDS.

Ignoring for the fact that it is good practice, do people feel that it is an actual requirement for a diversion in accordance with the Syllabus. All the Syllabus says is 'Advises of intention to divert for traffic separation'. Since this is Class G, there is no traffic separation provided.

Any thoughts on this would be appreciated.

Thanks

Darryl