PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Sky Limo Info?
Thread: Sky Limo Info?
View Single Post
Old 8th Oct 2012, 00:16
throttlepusher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Devil Skylimo losing planes, contract fuel, and personel! Sep 2012

I hired on with these guys by the word of a friend of mine. I was deceived from the interview until the day I was released almost a year later. Reluctantly, I paid for my training to be paid back over the course of 26 payments throughout the year. That should've been the first red flag. I really wanted G200 experience. No one spoke any positives about Jim Dent the DO or the management staff while there. People were disrespected as individuals and scream meetings could always be heard when at the office. The company didn't pay for their contract fuel and lost all accounts. Over the pass several months, the money for expenses was normally paid by multiple cc from the CFO. They lost three Hawker 800 and a G200. They were left with only one mid cabin G200. When hired I was told I would fly out of one domicile in SRQ. They started basing the aircraft in FXE. I flew out of SRQ one time over the course of a year. Every other time was a four-hour drive to FXE then back.
The worse thing Skylimo had done was they secretly gave recurrency to a former g200 pilot and the chief pilot. They instructed me to move to FXE within two weeks while this was taking place. I was out on a trip with a week to go. I finally started listening to my intuition. At week three, they let me go. When I asked what the grounds were, the chief pilot said Jim Dent just wanted me and the other pilot gone. Chief pilot said he would write me a letter of recognition, but not to tell any of the others. Lucky for my wife and I, we didn't move. Karma did get it's due. My replacement and chief pilot (only other qual. pilots) got jobs right after the Skylimo paid their recurrency and quit. Skylimo called me to come back immediately! No way will I ever work for them again. I will inform ever pilot that is interested in what to expect.

Do not ever trust Jim Dent or that Snake pit management in place there!