PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - POLICE TFO'S/AIR OBSERVERS THREAD (NPAS)
View Single Post
Old 7th Oct 2012, 18:34
J.A.F.O.

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
TF

I clearly didn't explain myself clearly, I hope that I can clear up any misconceptions that you have about what I meant.

I cannot accept your comment about "your views are out of line with those who were actually involved! I was involved from 1984 onwards, when did you start?
I didn't mean to imply that you hadn't been involved in police aviation, I am well aware of your involvement and have spoken with you about it on a couple of occasions. By "out of line with the experience of those actually involved" (no who were in there), I meant those currently involved in units who have experienced police staff observers on staff.

It is all too easy for you to rubbish the dedication that those early units and crews put in.
I didn't intend to and nothing in my post does so.

What do you mean by immediate cover. From where? How long will it take to be on task? How effective will it be when it arrives?
I didn't mention cover, I meant by the use of spare aircraft at the base.

I really do think that UK police aviation has played a small part in the development of FLIR and a tiny part in the development of communication systems and if you think otherwise, that's fine, maybe you're right.