PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FTE or OAA
Thread: FTE or OAA
View Single Post
Old 6th Oct 2012, 18:47
Bealzebub

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't think I'd be far wrong in saying that isos1's post was more from a 'self sponsored integrated' point of view, and if you look at the FTO's from that point of view, I'm sure you'd agree with what I said above, as you were very present in my topic about not enrolling on the CTC's Cadet scheme.
Very few people embark on integrated courses of flight training at the big 3 (or in this case 2 of the big 3) without the intention of embarking on a fast track airline career. As you said yourself, there are cheaper ways of acquiring a CPL/IR, and if that was the goal, then there are certainly cheaper ways of achieving it.

All of the big 3 (including the 2 mentioned,) have affiliations with various partner airlines, and do from time to time provide the ab-initio training for those airlines cadet schemes. Almost everybody embarking on a course of training at these schools would hope to take advantage of any opportunities that may be provided by virtue of these affiliations. They do happen. OAA and FTE have provided integrated course pilots into other airlines cadet schemes from time to time, so your supposition isn't correct. Cadetships are offered by the airlines in conjunction with the partner schools. Airlines such as British airways use all 3. Monarch have taken cadets from all 3. Flybe have used all 3 (and more besides). Similarly other airlines have done likewise to either a greater or lesser degree.

The poster hasn't stated what they want from the investment, but it is reasonable to assume they are looking for the best possible return on that investment. If it is simply a CPL/IR and the chance to join an ocean of would be hopefulls, then I might agree with you. However I suspect that isn't the case at all.