PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Biz Jets at Heathrow
View Single Post
Old 18th Jan 2003, 09:39
Airking

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Quote:
As for the excuse of not having a towbar well what would happen if your posh little jet became disabled on the runway . are we expected to push it off or perhaps wait until the handler gets a tow bar from Luton ?? I am sure BA would have something to say about a closed runway for 4 hours just because the handler of a 8 seat biz hasnt a towbar !
------------------------------------------------------------

I would wait for the towbar.
What would BA say, if, for example, A 320 runs a flat on the runway of an Airport that has no Nosein stands and therefore no towbar / Tugs, and one would dare to destroy / damage their AC in order to clear the RWY ?

One could ask himself, why an aerodrome like LHR couldnīt afford, say 5 different towbars. (One landing fee would buy one for my CJ2 - that one fits all small citations.

SD, we have the RIGHT to operate into LHR.
Beeing parked overnight on the freight ramp at LHR (nosein first), I was asked wether I could turn out of that bay. I said I could.
Next morning, for a 06:30 departure, we arrived at 0545 at the Airplane to find it enclosed by parking lorries and other vehicles. ON AN AIRCRAFT STAND (Z-Apron, stand 307) [A757 can use this stand, I was told, its a BIG one)
Luckily, the Handler managed to find the drivers.

Exactly thats why I always ask to be parked so, that I can leave the place without any help.