PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FTE or OAA
Thread: FTE or OAA
View Single Post
Old 6th Oct 2012, 14:49
jamesleaman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Both Schools evidently provide quality training to there students however;

They're both experts in Marketing - Many people get drawn into there fancy pieces of paper and promotional videos.
They'll both charge you around 85k for the privilege, and offer you ABSOLUTELY ZERO BETTER Job prospects at the end as any other FTO around, apart from a Cadet-ship.

I'd say the only advantage with FTE is that all training is completed in one place; Jerez, Spain.
I'd say the only advantage with CAE/OAA is that there a very reputable TRTO aswell.

Employment Rates? - Both Flight school's graduates will be in the same boat as any other student graduating from any other FTO.
Average waiting time depends on many factors - Current Climate, at the moment, extremely long. When you graduate this maybe different but no one can say until then I'm afraid.
Secondly, luck.

I'd strongly recommend you to do your research before committing to any FTO. I was in the same position as you once, CTC, OAA, FTE all won me over with there glossy paper, I didn't really no any-other FTO's existed until I spent a good few months researching and I found there are hundreds of other FTO's out there offering quality and affordable 0-fATPL training in the structure of both Modular & Integrated.

Last edited by jamesleaman; 6th Oct 2012 at 14:51.