PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Loose Row of Seats on American Airlines
View Single Post
Old 3rd Oct 2012, 23:17
biocybertronics

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I really feel for American Airlines at the moment although I never liked them myself after flying with them a few times, I always found the customer service substandard.
Although the flight was pleasant and the crew great, just the people on the ground, losing my baggage twice out of 5 flights is an awful record.

All be it I did get them back but it’s not the point when you have a meeting the next morning and your suit and some paperwork are in the bag.
However a company that could very well fold, or at least subject to a takeover, nothing at all seems to be going their way at the moment.
With every news station reporting it this morning over and over, and so many other carriers out there, it must have hurt their bottom line massively, especially with Thanksgiving coming up and people booking flights soon to go home.

From how it was reported it seemed third party parts were used, and I guess over time when a tolerance is only slightly out its going to cause more wear than normal, and I believe any suggestion of employee sabotage is ludacris in today’s climate, would that not be classed as an act of terrorism and although the weather in Cuba is better than Boston’s this time of year I would not fancy spending it at GBay.